Evidence-Based Tools and Supports for Improved Clinical Peer Review Practice
Clinical peer review among physicians and among nurses and their managers is the primary method of event analysis in US Hospitals.
My studies have shown that the mode by which clinical peer review is conducted has a major impact on quality and safety in hospitals.
Unfortunately, the dysfunctional and punitive QA model for still dominates practice and poisons efforts for improvement.
The best-practice QI model corrects this dysfunction
and opens the door to a culture of safety and high reliability.
Here you will find a variety of resources to help you lead your organization toward a safer, more effective future.
This systems view of clinical peer review informs our research, products and services.
It was instrumental in revealing neglected process improvement opportunities, including data management (see below).
- Peer Review Program Evaluation:
A free, brief, evidence-based, online self-assessment inventory using the QI Model
- Presentations, Webinars & Workshops: Spread the knowledge and generate
enthusiasm for improvement
- Site Visit: A jump-start for organizational improvement
- The Peer Review Enhancement ProgramSM aka PREPSM: As much assistance as you need to successfully transition to the QI Model
- Patient Safety Organization: Federal protections to engage clinicians in patient safety by self-reporting adverse events,
near misses and hazardous conditions worthy of review and to promote improvement-focused event analysis and peer review.
- Peer Review Enhancement Program Management SystemTM
aka PREP-MSTM: Total software support for the QI Model
- My PREPTM: A complete, affordable, integrated package for do-it-yourself clinical peer review program improvement,
which offers the methods and templates from the Peer Review Enhancement ProgramSM together with PREP-MSTM program management software
- Medical Staff Opinion Survey:
A simple, cost-effective tool to monitor medical staff perceptions of the hospital and its quality-related programs.
- Cooperative Projects
- Normative Peer Review Database
- Ideal Peer Review Process Collaborative
- Clinical Peer Review Innovation Showcase