QA to QI Overview
Originally known as Wilson-Edwards Consulting, QA to QI is a boutique healthcare consulting firm dedicated to the innovation of evidence-based tools for improving quality, safety and resource use.
It operated as a federally-listed Patient Safety Organization from 2010 to 2019 and was also designated Connecticut Patient Safety organization authorized by the Connecticut State Department of Health to provide services under CGS 19a-127o.
My firm got its name from dialogue with physician leaders about the Quality Improvement Model for clinical peer review in
contrasts to the prevailing, but dysfunctional Quality Assurance Model.
My interest in clinical peer review process has produced 4 national studies and 11 publications characterizing best practices and demonstrating huge opportunity to improve
quality and patient safety.
Adoption of best practices in clinical peer review reverses the Culture of Blame which persists as the major barrier to the pursuit of high reliability.
The QA to QI Difference
- Evidence-Based Solutions - no hype
- Measurable Improvement
- Superior Client Service - Satisfaction Guaranteed
QA to QI Website Highlights
- Clinical Peer Review Program Self-Evaluation Utility
- Evidence-based inventory of best practices in the pursuit of quality and safety in health care delivery
- Evaluate your own program
- Longitudinal Clinical Peer Review Effectiveness Study Results Accepted for Publication
See the press release from 3/15/18
- An Organizational Learning Framework for Patient Safety Published
See the press release from 1/21/16
- Longitudinal Clinical Peer Review Effectiveness Study Extended
See the press release from 10/5/15
- Software for Multi-Disciplinary Peer Review Process Management
- My PREPTM: A Low Cost,
Do It Yourself Peer Review Program Improvement Package
See the press release and MyPREPTM for more
- Medical Staff Opinion Survey Offers Inexpensive Insight
- See the the product page